Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error and DriveStatusError

B. Szyszka wrote:
> > > Well I can't afford to just go out and get a new harddrive, especially since
> > > the two that I have no have more than enough space. Is there a way to
> > > run a check on the harddrive that could prove whether or not the harddrive
> > > itself is the problem?
> > The surest test would be to use it with another motherboard for a while.
>
> Like I said, I can't afford to just go out and buy a new piece of hardware as
> I see fit. These things cost money. Are you tell me there's no way for me
> to check what hardware Linux might be having a problem with?

---end quoted text---

The way to check is to:
	1) Read the documentation and HOWTOs in the kernel source.
or
	2) Reference your hardware (drive and chipset) in your questions,
	   and see if someone has had experience with them (likely).

Personally, I find it difficult to troubleshoot problems when the only
data I'm given is "These things cost money".  Give us something to work
with.

--
Regards,
Steve

Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 Reboots are for kernel and hardware upgrades.