Re: Printing restart (lpr)

On 28 Sep 1999, Laurent Martelli wrote:

>         [...]
>
>   Alan> Is there any sequence of steps that will enable me to cleanly
>   Alan> recover to a known state between printer and spooler?  I'd
>   Alan> rather not lose a job.
>
> as root, /etc/init.d/lprng restart
>
> --

He said he wasn't using lprng.

I suggest have a look at the man page for tunelp. The latest version
of this program contains improvements; if you are using a 2.2.x series
kernel have a look at the documentation; it gives information about
tunelp and where to download the latest version.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)