Re: Best Solution for PPP?

Daniel Barclay <daniel@dsb.smart.net> writes:
> > 	You can modify your /etc/ppp/peers/provider and add a line
> > 	persist. Then pppd should automatically reconnect for you.
>
> That's just automatic _re_-connection right?
>
> Fully automatic connection (like when a queued cron or at job
> wakes up to run wget or mirror) is great.
>
> Diald does that.  (I don't know what else might too.)

I'm pretty sure that pppd does automatic (on-demand) _connection_ too,
but you have to have a fixed IP address (which is why I don't do it,
and thus don't really know the details).

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche