Best Solution for PPP?

Greetings PPL,

I am fairly old to UNIX and UNIX clones, etc, but new to Debian,
and I must say of the various packages I have tried (Slackware,
Red-Hat, Phat, etc, etc) I really do like Debian the best..

Anyway,

I am running a development server in my home that is connected
via ppp to the net.  What is the best program to use to automatically
reconnect me if the connection is dropped?  I checked out pon, wvdial
,diald, etc, but was curious what others are using for this, and the best
way to go about it.  Any info would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Todd