Re: fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed

Hi,
	In your fetchmailrc file, did you specify which MDA to use?
	If you did not, then fetchmail will just send them to localhost
	at port 25.

	try this: telnet localhost 25 to see if you have anything
	running on port 25.

	Two ways to fix this:
		If you want to run exim as a daemon, then modify your
		fetchmailrc file to use exim as the MDA.
		something like

		"user xxxx there has passwd xxxx is xxxx here and want
		use mda "exim -bs"

		my syntax is wrong, plz check the man page for details.

		OR you can modify your /etc/inet.conf to listen to port
		25 for incoming connections. There is already a line
		there, you just need to uncomment it out.

	Hope this helps.
Shao.