Re: ppp failure under debian (slakware with pppd 2.2 patch level 0 works)

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Jesse Jacobsen wrote:

> --BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC
>
> I wonder if you've set up Debian to use /dev/cua1.  It should use
> /dev/ttyS1 instead, since the cua- "callout" devices are being phased
> out.

I thought I was asking it to use ttyS1, but where would this be for me to
check?

Thanks,
Robert.
----
Robert King, Australian Environmental Studies, Griffith University, Australia
3875 6677   Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au   http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/

statistician (n.) someone who can draw a mathematically precise line
from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.  [anon.]