Re: ppp failure under debian (slakware with pppd 2.2 patch level 0 works)

On 09/18/99 at 17:06:18, Robert.King@mailbox.gu.edu.au wrote concerning "ppp failure under debian (slakware with pppd 2.2 patch level 0 works)":
> Hi,
>    I'm typing this from my old slackware install.  I connect on this
> installation using cu -l /dev/cua1 then negotiating my way through my
> ISP's login manually, then start pppd in another window, then quitting
> from cu.  This worked fine whne this machine was a 486 and now works with
> a new motherboard & cpu.

I wonder if you've set up Debian to use /dev/cua1.  It should use
/dev/ttyS1 instead, since the cua- "callout" devices are being phased
out.

--
Jesse Jacobsen, Pastor          jjacobsen@jvlnet.com
Grace Lutheran Church (ELS)     http://www.jvlnet.com/~jjacobsen/