silly sendmail question

Greetings...

I know I'm going to get a lot of responses to the tone of "read the how-to" or "check the archives" but I have to post my question anyway, as I have done both and I'm still clueless.

My question is this: I do not have a domain of my own, and connect to the net via PPP. I use sendmail when I'm in text mode (which honestly I prefer over X-Windows), and for months I've been trying to figure out how (or if) I can make my sender address stop looking like this:

From:  <my "real name" here as I set it when adding a user account> <my user name@Morpheus> (Morpheus is, of course, my "hostname", or what I named my computer.)

It would be nice if sendmail would report me as either my actual email address through my isp, or as the one I use to mail to this list (an iname account). The problem is of course I can't figure out how to change how sendmail reports me as sender, and hell I don't even know if it's possible. If it is, someone please tell me how? I'd appreciate it a great deal.

TIA,
addiction

--
addiction: slaythe@innocent.com