Re: mutt questions

On Wed 09/15/99 12:11PM, Shao Zhang wrote:

> > 2) How do I define a default 'save to' folder?
>
> save-hook '~A' your-default-folder

I've never saved my out-going email while I've used mutt (most of my
posts are to mailing lists and usenet, so I can always get a copy
when I need one), but this thread had inspired me to try to get a
default folder set up for out-going email. I've tried

  save-hook '~A' your-default-folder
  save-hook mutt +mutt.`date "+%m%y"`

but they don't seem to do anything. Searching the mutt mailing list
gave a bunch of articles where people wanted to use save-hook to do
procmail's job, but no really decent (for me at least, I'm dense.)
examples on getting this going.

All I'd like to do is to make sure that any email I compose is saved
to ~/Mail/sent-mail. The date thing above seems pretty cool (kind of
like pine), but I'd settle for just one file right now. Is this
process automatic, or do I need to do something to save a message?
>From my understanding of the save-hook info in the mutt manual,
save-hook works on a regular expression in the From: or To: headers
(I guess depending on whether it's incoming or outgoing).

I'm assuming you guys save email you've composed to a file too,
right?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __