Re: Potato Install problems on PowerMac

"J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 13:45:47 -0500, Brad wrote:
> > The file /usr/sbin/update-rc.d is in the dpkg package, i'm not sure why
> > you don't have it...
>
> It's not the file Andreas doesn't have; it's the interpreter (/usr/bin/perl)
> he doesn't have yet (as it's a symlink managed by update-alternatives and
> his perl packages aren't configured yet).
I have to hitch the installer several times which leads to troubles later....
Well to clarify the situation:

I'm not convinced with debian it tooks much more work than for LinuxPPC!
I'know we're in beta, no we're in alpha depending on MacPPC. I don't
wanna be destructive here. But I tried more than ten times and now I'm
tired for today I try it tomorrow if my Catherine allows me :-)  A lot
of work has to be done and I'd like to help as a tester. NO not as dev
people, I do not have the time!!
J.H.M helped me a lot, I got further...... but there too many questions
open to go into race...

I'll take every hint and I try it, but right now it seems very difficult
to get a Powermac System to run...

Thanks to everybody with building help, I'll try it

So good night for today
Andreas