Re: failed network stuff

Jim Warren wrote:

> I did a cold boot and it fixed the problem
>
> You'ved saved me again.

Zeen.  No problem. :-)

It's funny- I had just subscribed to debian-user that very morning, and
asked one question, and for every one I ask I like to try to answer one,
so yours was it. :-)

On one of those Z505S(X) sites, it mentioned that Win98 leaves the card
in an inconsistent state, so a warm reboot to Linux can't start the
card.  Some near future iteration of the eepro100 driver should fix the
problem, but in the meantime, we need to cold boot after using Windoze in
order to use the built-in ethernet.

-Adam P.