Ethernet

I got a new computer and brought it to my college, and installed Debian on
it.  However, when i installed it, i couldn't get the module for my NE2000
compatible driver to install correctly.  Does anyone know how to reinstall?
I couldn't find a package for it.  I do have the driver disk for dos, if that
will work.   Secondly, I tried to install dhcpcd.  But when i install it, i
get a "subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1"
error.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks.

Colin Winters