Loosing keyboard w/switching X & console!

This is wierd! I recently upgraded by system bios to the one recommended
on the web site of the manufacturer. Ever since I did, I have been
intermittently loosing my keyboard connection when I use the CTRL-ALT-F2
to switch from Xwindows to the Console screens. It does not seem to
follow any pattern and I simply have to hit the switch to reboot the
system (OUCH!!!) Obviously Linux really does not like this. I suppose I
could reinstall the old bios as I never had any probs with it, however I
need the upgrade for a new 27.Gb hard drive installation. Any thoughts
as to whether the bios update or maybe something else might be causing
this. This is the only problem so far.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems