Re: install

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, [iso-8859-2] Csépes Zoltán wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I should like to install the X-Windows system under my Debian-Linux
> 1.3.1. distribution, but I have some problem with using the mouse.
> It seems so easy to install the mouse, but this is the case. I have a
> two-button Microsoft mouse connected to the PS/2 port and it doesn't
> response. What could I do? I use the xf86config for configuring the
> system.
>
> I should be so pleased if you could solve my problem.

Your problem might be that you didn't yet find 'the right connection for
your mouse'... if so it should be configured

/dev/psaux

In general XF86Setup should give you exactly the same results as
xf86config... and according to my experience it is easier to use, because
it is easier to correct mistakes, which sometimes are being made...

You might try running the mouse-configuration program separately as
well... forgot the name of it, but using dselect you can surely find it...

-hv