Re: install

> I should like to install the X-Windows system under my Debian-Linux
> 1.3.1. distribution, but I have some problem with using the mouse.
> It seems so easy to install the mouse, but this is the case. I have a
> two-button Microsoft mouse connected to the PS/2 port and it doesn't
> response. What could I do? I use the xf86config for configuring the
> system.

Use XF86Setup (in the vga16 package) instead.

Use Alt-M to get to the mouse menu, and the arrow keys to set the mouse
type to PS/2, and the port to /dev/psaux.  Then use arrow keys to get
to "Apply", and your mouse will owrk for the rest of the configuration.

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of UNI until it pays my retainer.