Re: Adaptec AHA-2940

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 01:21:46PM +0100, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
> I have just tried to install Debian on a machine with an Adaptec AHA 2940 SCSI adapter. When I run install from DOS (or boot from the rescue floppy) the machine hangs after detecting the SCSI adapter. The last message on the screen is... Downloading sequencer instructions... 419 instructions downloaded.
>
> Anyone know if this SCSI adapter works with Debian?

This happened to me too with my 2940U or my 2940U2W (don't remember).

Check wheter you are correctly terminating everything (i.e. internal
and external bus) (even if it works in M$ Win) (or set auto
termination) (lots of parents..:).

I solved it by enabling auto termination which I disabled cause I
thought I was smart. seemed as if I wasn't :/

--
Weasel                    http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~ppalfrad/
PGP encrypted messages prefered.   See my site for my PGP key.