Re: Adaptec AHA-2940

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Andrew Hodgson wrote:

> I have just tried to install Debian on a machine with an Adaptec
> AHA 2940 SCSI adapter. When I run install from DOS (or boot from
> the rescue floppy) the machine hangs after detecting the SCSI
> adapter. The last message on the screen is... Downloading
> sequencer instructions... 419 instructions downloaded.
>
> Anyone know if this SCSI adapter works with Debian?

Andy

Andy,

I just bought an ASUS P5A mobo with 128 MB 100 MHZ RAM,
and a 2940 controller. I used the zero floppy installation
using Linux Press's CD set that comes with Dale Scheetz's
Debian Installation book. I think these are 'official cd'
images. URL www.linuxpress.com

It works like a charm. I did have to remove the xdm package
and killed the xdm process so the system quit hanging,
but not boot problems at all.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)