Re: Adaptec AHA-2940

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Andrew Hodgson wrote:
> I have just tried to install Debian on a machine with an Adaptec AHA 2940 SCSI adapter. When I run install from DOS (or boot from the rescue floppy)
>the machine hangs after detecting the SCSI adapter.  The last message on
>the screen is...  Downloading sequencer  instructions... 419 instructions
>downloaded.

Despite all the installation problems people have had with these cards I
succesfully installed Debian on a new PIII from the standard boot disks
and it worked fine. there are now 2 in that system and they are working
great.

You should check the SCSI select settings at boot time just to check they
are ok, especially the termination settings and which cables you have
plugged into it etc.

Good luck!

	---Gareth