Re: fvwm2 configuration

Hello E.L.,

On 24-Aug-99, you wrote:

EM\} Hi all,
EM\}
EM\} I use fvwm2 as a window manager in slink. In
EM\} /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc, the FvwmPager module is started with
EM\} one desk, after .fvwm2/post.hook is read. I like to start FvwmPager
EM\} with three desks, and do that in my post.hook file. As a result
EM\} there are always two FvwmPagers running, on top of each other.
EM\} Luckily the one I added is on top most of the time, but sometimes
EM\} it isn't. Is there a way to make fvwm2 stop processing the
EM\} configuration files in .fvwm2/post.hook? I tried to play around
EM\} with the KillModule command, but that seemed to have no effect.
EM\}
EM\} Eric
EM\}

Hi,

I've 'played' with fvwm2 a bit and ended up editing the system.fvwm2rc
in etc/X11/fvwm2/  (I think that's the right path - I'm not running
Debian at the 'mo) to place the LoadModule for the pager before the
call to post.hook, instead of after it and then used fvwmconf to write
a config file with pager disabled (I think the default name has '.com.'
somewhere in it) and then copied that to ~/.fvwm2/post.hook

I used this method to switch-off the pager.

Sorry about the uncertainty over the filenames - they may not be exactly
right - but you should be able to find the ones I mean.

Bye,

LeeE
--

http://www.spatial.freeserve.co.uk