T1910 Toshiba laptop

Problem - I have 123M of HDD to work with on my Toshiba 486 laptop- I was
just going to install Linux on it, but my T1910 uses a .exe file to
manipulate BIOS settings, and this file runs under MS-DOS.  SO . . .will
Linux allow access to BIOS settings some other way, OR, can I run MS-DOS
emulation software if I need to alter the BIOS, or do I need to set up a
separate bootable partition with MS-DOS, OR does it not really matter?

Can anyone help me with this dilemma?

aa