Re: uploads over modem are SLOOOOOW!

Brian Servis wrote:

> *- On 22 Aug, Lee Elliott wrote about "Re: uploads over modem are SLOOOOOW!"

> > HF>               ^^^
> > HF>            what`s that?
> > HF>
> > HF> greetings,
> > HF>
> > HF> i cannot find this programm with dselect or in
> > HF> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages. could you give me a hint
> > HF> where to look for the package?
> > HF>
> > HF> regards
> >
> > I don't know of a specific package for Debian but I've seen them for
> > other O/Ss and would be suprised if some one hadn't done one for linux.
> >

> It is not a debian package as far as I can tell.  But there is a rpm at
> the site which you can use alien to convert to a deb.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/1029/pppload.html

thanks, brian.

i shouldnt`t have asked this question - it`s not debian specific. i was
just curious.
now i`ve looked for pppload ... and ...

w-r--   15.6K 1998 Apr  1 ftp.debian.org
/debian-archive/dists/hamm/contrib/binary-i386/net/pppload_1.0-5.deb

but it's gone now. seems that it hasn`t made the step to slink.

your link leads to pppload-1.0-2.i386.rpm which is older than the hamm
package. i assume that there is a successor somewhere in slink.

regards
--
hafi