compiling help

Thanks to the group for pointing me in the right direction with the CGI
info, I installed the CGI package from WWW

In the cgitest example that comes with the package, it says to compile
the program doing

cc -o cgitest cgitest.c -lcgi

How to I convert that to g++ ?
I keep getting undefined reference error to the functions that are part of
the cgi.h file.  The source file has #include<cgi.h>, I've even tried
#include "/path/to/cgi.h" and still get the same errors.

Sorry for the ignorance but they have only showed us in school how to
compile using g++ -o executable source.cpp so far.  Thanks in advance.