Re: compiling help

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 09:58:35PM -0400, Tom wrote:

> Thanks to the group for pointing me in the right direction with the CGI
> info, I installed the CGI package from WWW
>
> In the cgitest example that comes with the package, it says to compile
> the program doing
>
> cc -o cgitest cgitest.c -lcgi
'gcc -ocgictest cgictest.c -lcgic' works fine.

The library is called 'libcgic', so you link with -lcgic. Simple as
sthat. Brute force way is something like this. You get 'undefined
reference to cgiOut', so you do 'cd /usr/lib; grep -l 'cgiOut *.so' and
voila, you know what library cgiOut is in!

> How to I convert that to g++ ?
Using g++ to compile a C program is just the same as using gcc to
compile a C program. Unless 'gcc -v' and 'g++ -v' say different things,
then you can use gcc/g++ interchangably. cc is a standard unix name for
the C compiler, and is symlinked to gcc on my system.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com