Re: Installing Debian 2.1 problem

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 09:00:31PM +1200, Darran Provis wrote:
> hi, I'm trying to install 2.1 (i386).
> I have purchased Linux on CD's but I have a sound blaster CD-rom drive so the install won't recognise the CD drive. I know I need to make a boot disk with the correct drivers on it but, I need to know where to find the drivers etc and how to make the floppy. I have already made a rescue floppy using rawrite.
> Thanks

In order to rebuild the kernel with new drivers, you need access to a
running Linux machine, but I don't think that's what you want to do.
You shouldn't need to so that, IMHO.

What modules have you tried to load in the install program? Hoe do you
know that it hates your CD-ROM drive?
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com