Re: fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed: Connection refused

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but Exim is supposed to be run from inetd by
> default (thus the 'big exit 0'). There are only certain cases where
> you would want/need Exim running all the time...
ok, you are right. Sorry, I've since switched to qmail and I'm used to
seeing the qmail stuff running all the time. I never could get exim to
work without uncommenting the 'exit 0' line, when I did use it.

> > What does "ps aux | grep 'exim'" say?
>
> On a system where Exim is run from inetd, it won't show up as running
> in the process table unless there's a connection in progress...

You are right..I am wrong <bows humbly> Please forgive me :-)

--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com