Re: Problems with Mutt and Exim

Check out the LG article at:
  http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue43/stumpel.html

It has a section on rewriting the From address. Here's the meat:

Create this script ("outfilt") and put it in /usr/local/bin:

  #!/usr/bin/perl
  $address = 'joe.bloggs@isp.com';
  while (<>) {
      if (/^From: /) { s/<.*>/<$address>/; print; last; }
      print; }
  while (<>) { print; }

and add this to the end of the TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION section of
the exim.conf file:

  remote_smtp:
     driver = smtp
     headers_remove = "sender"
     transport_filter = "/usr/local/bin/outfilt"
  end

--
Mark Wagnon
Chula Vista, CA