mapping mail names to user/account names

Hi dear mail wizards,

can sombody tell me how to do the following with my debian installation:
For at least some maybe even all of the accounts on our server I'd like
to have it receive emails addressed to it in a more formal naming
convention. Means the "machine" should transport mail addressed to
firstname_of_user_A.last_name_at_user_A@our.server.some.address though
there is no account like firstname_of_user_A.last_name_at_user_A which
doesn't even make sense to set up - too long a name and there are
underscores (wouldn't be a problem really) and a dot inside the users
name. In short, I'd like to do some user name mapping that's it. The
mail should be received by an existing user of course.

Any ideas who to do this conveniently?

Thanks so far,

Ferd
begin:vcard
n:Schinagl;Ferdinand
tel;fax:+43 732 2468 650
tel;home:+43 7746 3646
tel;work:+43 732 2468 9604
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Institute for Semiconductor Physics
adr:;;Altenbergerstr. 69;Linz;;4040;Austria
version:2.1
email;internet:f.schinagl@hlphys.uni-linz.ac.at
title:Dipl.Ing.
note;quoted-printable:thanks netscape :-),=0D=0AI'm now in version 2.1
x-mozilla-cpt:;-20896
fn:Ferdinand Schinagl
end:vcard