Re: [Debian: XFree86] Errors

Hi,

On Thu, 12 Aug, 1999 à 06:16:05PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
 [...]
> Now I had called the XF86Config and hav choosen another resolution:
                       ^^^^^^^^^^
Do you mean xf86config or XF86Setup ? Both of them write the file
/etc/X11/XF86Config.

>         SVGA with 1024x768 with 60Hz, 800x600 with 72Hz
>
> but it does not work because I get the error message
>
> Config Error: /etc/XF86Config: 190
>         VertRefresh 40-100
> horizontal sync value expected

There should be a value for HorizSync (typically 30-48.5 for such a monitor
but you should verify the correct value in kHz in the doc of your monitor)
You should also submit a bug against the program you used to generate your
/etc/X11/XF86Config because it should put a value for HorizSync.

> _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

these errors are emitted by applications not finding an Xserver and not
by X itself.

--
 ( >-   Laurent PICOULEAU                                      -< )
 /~\       lcrpic@a2points.com                                  /~\