Re: Potato broke my samba

Jens,

I am sorry that I seem to have upset you by posting to the list. I have
spent some hours time attempting to find a solution before posting
although this does not extend to looking into the source or the packages
but in testing a number of different configuration files and working
throught the supplied diagnostics and documentation.

I will take your advice and check for bug reports in the future.
However, my assumption throughout was that the most likely problem was
me being stupid user which is why I did not assume it was a problem with
the maintainer. For this reason I would not and did not mail the
maintainer about problems like this before checking that I am correct
via the list.

Anyway the good news is that the solution suggested by Jim has worked
fine for me, switching to a 2.2.10 kernel has meant that samba has
started working loverely again. I don't mind moving to a 2.2 kernel at
all. So this solution does not worry me.

Thanks

Dave

--
David Warnock