Re: Potato broke my samba

Upgrading the kernel is not necessary. This problem is the maintainers fault (he's
been very busy, the fix will come... users who demand a stable system should install
only stable distributions or be prepared to fend for themselves as I do) for compiling
the executable such that they will only work with 2.2.x kernels. This is a documented
bug (#40645, logged by yours truly). Next time I advise checking the Bug Reports for a
package before asking on the list. I've got fixed packages which you are free to get.
Just add the following line to the end of /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://gatekeeper.bdsinc.com/~jjorgens/debian ./

Although it looks like at the moment I'm behind in a release so these packages would
be ignored. You can still download them manually and install with dpkg --install. I'll
probably rebuild the packages today to bring them up to the current version since it
looks like the bug is still present.