RE: Potato broke my samba

> Hi,
>
> I have just upgraded our server from slink to potato (I wanted the new
> exim amoungst other things).
>
> Now we cannot connect to samba.
>
> I have checked my smb.conf with the testparams, it all looks OK (and of
> course it was working with the previous version of samba that came with
> slink). I have recreated my smbpasswd (just in case there was a problem
> with the old version).

I had a problem with samba 2.0.5a.  It required that I upgrade
to a 2.2.x kernel.  There was another problem that showed up on
the list about bad passwords.  As you seem to have remade the
smbpasswd file, maybe try a 2.2.x kernel.  The error I had in the
logs was a "cannot become user xxxxx" error followed by authentication
errors (bad user name/passwd).

jim