Re: mysql help

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 02:53:30PM -0400, Tom wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm having problems with using the C Api for mysql.  When I goto compile
> the program I get a bunch of undefined references to the functions that
> are declared in mysql.h  I checked the documentation for mysql and it
> talks about mysqlclient libraries but I could not find those on my box.
> I have installed mysql-base and mysql-server; and going by what I was
> reading, the client stuff if part of  mysql program, so where is that
> kept?  I checked the /usr/include and there is nothing there about client
> and /usr/lib/mysql only contains the directorty data and mysqld (exe).
> Any help would be great, thanks.

I have:

$ dpkg -l|grep mysql
ii  libmysqlclient6 3.22.25-1      mysql database client library
ii  mysql-client    3.22.25-2      mysql database client binaries
ii  mysql-dev       3.22.22-2      mysql database development files
ii  mysql-doc       3.22.25-2      mysql database documentation
ii  mysql-server    3.22.25-2      mysql database server binaries

> Tom

Joop
--

 Joop Stakenborg PA4TU, ex-PA3ABA