Re: Any help with Realtek RTL8139 ?

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 09:10:25AM -0500, John Foster wrote:
> "Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho" wrote:
> >  I'd two machines at home and I'm unable to get them working both on
> > linux.
Which kernel do you use? You will need to build a custom 2.2 kernel.
Try to build it as a module and put rtl8139 in /etc/modules

Then watch what the kernel says when booting.

> I do not know if this will help but I have one of these cards and I had
> to use a DOS program to "set the card id number"in its hardware
> registers.
I doubt this is the problem.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source