Re: Any help with Realtek RTL8139 ?

"Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'd two machines at home and I'm unable to get them working both on
> linux.
I do not know if this will help but I have one of these cards and I had
to use a DOS program to "set the card id number"in its hardware
registers. Windows 98 sets it automatically but not in the hardware
registers. Windows NT and Linux does not set it at all. I had the same
problem as you only I could not get the card to connect to the internet.
I was not using it for an internel network.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems