Re: [Debian: XFree86] Minimal requirements

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 05:11:37PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 11:46:20AM -0400, Bill Leach wrote:
>
> > You can not install X without "graphic card dependencies".  That is,
> > to display X sessions on your computer there must be an xserver that
> > "knows how" to speak to your graphics hardware.
>
> If the cards are all supported by the SVGA server you may be able to
> work out something providing there aren't any problems with clock
> settings and the like.  The framebuffer server can probably also do
> the job.

I suspect that you could use the vga server, most if not all video cards
should support vga unless they are very outdated. If I am mistaken I
will gladly accept any and all _constructive criticism_ :-)

--
Frisco Rose     	"By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student		rosef@eou.edu

REU Student 		rosef@nemo.physics.ncsu.edu

Science Journal Ed.	scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307	(541) 962-3787