Re: [OT] How fast is a PIII?

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 09:48:05AM +0200, E.L. Meijer Eric" wrote:
> The only difference between a PII and a PIII at the same clock speed
> that I know of are the extra `SSE' instructions that are mainly useful
> for 3D stuff and maybe some other floating point intensive software.
IIRC, the 2nd level cache of the Pentium III is running at the same speed as
the CPU, wheras the 2nd level cache of Pentium II's is running at half the
CPU speed.

This should give a performance difference (though not enough for me,
compared to the price difference)

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source