Re: slink problems

[I'm not on debian-admintool and I hate posting on lists where I'm not.]

On Thursday 5 August 1999, at 11 h 6, the keyboard of Russell Nelson
<nelson@crynwr.com> wrote:

> create a hard link to their installers ONLY if the installer will
> never ask questions.  Give that link the same name prepended by a

Some install scripts HAVE TO ask questions. Several schemas have been proposed
(reading replies from a file if no tty, create a library of query functions
which will detect if there is a tty and react accordingly, etc). AFAIK, not
one have been implemented.

> Actually, the right way to solve this problem is for Debian to adopt
> webmin (http://webmin.com),

The idea seems right but the solution is not: WebMin is horribly non-free, so there is no chance Debian will adopt it. If someone could write a similar free program, I'll pay him/her a beer when he will visit Paris (actually, several beers, if the program works).