Re: [Solved] Re: Getting Realtek8139 chipset network card to work

John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> writes:

> > Where do I enable experimental drivers?
>  I normally use "make xconfig" but its the same in "make menuconfig" or
> "make config" its the very first item offered on the menu along with the
> choice of CPU to compile to. A lot of folks do nor really READ what the
> screen is saying and skip these as they use a drop down menu instead of
> a check box. They are both VERY important. Good luck!

Hmm... I notoriously read *every* option each time when I compile a
new kernel. It's just that the option you are refering to seems to be
ambigously frased (under "Code maturity level options" "Prompt for
development and/or incomplete code/drivers"). I never even thought it
would do what it did.

In any case, thanks a lot -- it did show the Realtek8139 driver in
config.

--
Arcady Genkin
"... without money one gets nothing in this world, not even a certificate