Re: [Solved] Re: Getting Realtek8139 chipset network card to work

"Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho" <nemanuel@student.dei.uc.pt> writes:

> > On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:04:30PM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> > > Funny I just wrestled with this one yesterday.  I've always (since it was
> > > available) built my kernels using "make menuconfig", nowhere in the network
> > > device section could I find an option for RTL8139 and I spent a long time
> > > looking!

Hi, Fraser,

I too noticed that the driver dissappeared from the kernel
configuration since 2.2.x I think. However, the driver is still
supplied with the kernel sources -- you just have to compile it
separately. The driver is in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/rtl8139.c

The compiling instructions are found in the very bottom of the source
code, or you can use the instructions Nuno posted below.

--
Arcady Genkin
"... without money one gets nothing in this world, not even a certificate