Re: Getting Realtek8139 chipset network card to work

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 09:04:30PM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Funny I just wrestled with this one yesterday.  I've always (since it was
> available) built my kernels using "make menuconfig", nowhere in the network
> device section could I find an option for RTL8139 and I spent a long time
> looking!
Because you did not enable
   'Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers'
in the first section of the kernel configuration

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source