newbie guidelines suggestion

Hello,
Since there has been so much discussion about how to impart info
to newbies, I thought I'd throw this idea out to the list....

How about a .signature line or the equivalent at the bottom of
mail from the list which is a link to an FAQ or a page which
contains guidelines for posting to the list, and/or suggestions
on how to figure things out for yourself.

This is would be somewhat akin to the "Unsubscribe..." line which
appeared on mail from the list for some time. (Posting instructions
on how to unsubscribe on such a page might decrease the number of
"unsubscribe" msgs which appear on the list.)

The sig could say something like "Please read <insert link> before
posting to this list --Thank you".

--D

--
David Karlin