Re: Good HTML editor for debian Linux?

>> "Chris" == Chris Beaumont <cbeaumon@msri.org> wrote:

Chris> Is there anything Linux-friendly with anything approaching the
Chris> feature set of the program that I am used to, BBEdit on the
Chris> Power Macintosh...

I don't know BBEdit.

I use XEmacs. In .emacs, you put

(autoload 'html-mode "psgml-html" "Load psgml-html-mode" t)
(add-hook 'html-mode-hook 'hm--html-minor-mode)

Very cool. Read the docs, and try the things as you read them. Make a
list of main keystrokes. Don't try to remember anything at once, you
can't. Just the main things like inserting a tag (it uderstands the
DTD, and only offers legaly available tags at this point), taging a
region, editing the attributes. You can use the mouse (menu and
context menu), but later, it is faster to work just with the keyboard
(C-h m -> available key combos).

Chris> Any suggestions are welcome..  I'm also looking for HTML template and
Chris> preprocessor solutions...

WML is used on the Debian pages. I heared it is quite good.

Ciao,
	Martin