Re: slrn - posting to newsgroup rejected

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 02:36:05PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> I hope somebody can help me with this one: Why do my messages posted to a
> newsgroup from slrn land up in /var/spool/slrnpull/out.going/rejected?

Without seeing any error messages it's hard to say, but I would guess
that the problem is that the upstream news server is rejecting them.
Do you need to authenticate to post?  Do your posts contain a very small
proportion of non-quoted material?  What error do you get if you try to
post directly to the server?

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/