giving gnome a try

I am tired of FVWM95 and its apparent limitations and lack of new
development so I am ready for a new window manager.  Plus I wanna try
something new and maybe break my system :-)

I am currently downloading gnome as I type this.  I considered KDE
and settled on gnome.  I am getting it from ftp.cybertrails.com using
apt.  This is my first attempt at downloading with apt rather than
dselect and it wasn't that hard.  The install page says I should
apt-get update then apt-get install task-gnome-apps task-gnome-net so
that's all I am doing.

All you gnome users out there, if there are any "gotchas" you think I
should know please let me know via private email.  I am in digest
mode so it could take a while before I see responses to the list.  I
am also going to download the gnome documentation from www.gnome.org.

thanks
jmb