Re: Setup Issues

On Tue, Jul 20, 1999 at 01:56:26AM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> Would someone please tell me where to find info on the following .... can't
> find
> anything relevant in HOWTO's or MAN pages or that makes any sense to me
>
> (1)   When I ping a remote site  ..... how to stop the stuff ??

Ctrl-C will stop the ping, or you can send a predetermined number
of ping using the -c switch, like:

   ping -c 1 www.debian.org

This will stop after 1 ping.

> (2)    When I try to get Lynx working, it initially seems like its looking
> for the
>         URL but then it stops and gives a "can't access startfile" message.
> I found the
>         "lynx.cfg" file but the MAN page is really confusing and there
> doesn't appear
>         to be any sort of HOWTO on lynx

I think you get this when DNS lookup failed.  Check to make sure you
have DNS addresses set up in /etc/resolv.conf. (man resolv.conf)

Mike

[Private mail welcome, but no need to CC: me on list replies.]

--
Michael Merten -- ironfoot@popaccount.com
          ---> NRA Life Member -- http://www.nra.org