Re: What provides glib.h?

  >You have glib.h. The error is saying it cannot find glibconfig.h. I had the
  >same problem just now. A search yields:
  >
  >$ dpkg -S glibconfig.h
  >libglib1.2-dev: /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h
  >
  >So the answer to this is to add /usr/lib/glib/include to our include paths.

For portability in compiling gtk+ programs, use gtk-config:

$ gtk-config --cflags
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include

$ gtk-config --libs
-L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi
-lXext -lX11 -lm

include these in your Makefile something like this:
LIBS += `gtk-config --libs`
CFLAGS += `gtk-config --cflags`

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only