RE: Howto force downgrade of WINE

On 19-Jul-99 Kent West wrote:
> I figure if I can reinstall the WINE from stable, the game may start
> working again, but apt-get won't downgrade, and as I mentioned, dpgk's
> man page warns of dire consequences. Can anyone give me a step-by-step
> to downgrade WINE?
>
> Thanks!

What I have done in such cases is to use 'dpkg --purge <packagename>'
and then installed the older version, but that assumes that you have the old
packages.  I would download them from the Debian ftp site and then install
them, after removing the unstable version with --purge.  Before you do that,
copy a version of your wine.conf because you will need that.

--
Andrew