Re: Mail prgs (exim)

Sera Hill writes:
> Well, I'm not sure how the config works for exim.  When it asks me for
> information, I'm not sure just *what* it's asking me for?  Like the local
> hosts thing,...

What is the exact question?  I've not yet upgraded to exim.

> ...and the relay-mail thing.

There it most likely wants the address of your ISP's mail server.

> And exim never once asks for the POP3 Server Domain or the username/pass
> combo that'd be needed if it were to connect to my POP3 acct.

Exim knows nothing about POP.  It is a mail transport agent: it listens on
port 25 for incoming mail and delivers outgoing mail to port 25 on the
destination host (or a relay such as your ISP).  To get your mail off your
ISP's POP server you need fetchmail.
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.