Re: Network setup.

So, you're telling that the IP that my ISP gives me is <> than the IP of my ethernet
card?
Supose the following scenario:
- I'm connected to my ISP and it gives me a IP (say, 146.164.41.75).
- I have a little network at home with 2 computers: 192.168.0.1 (which I believe is
the default debian gives me at installation) and 192.168.0.2 (+1 on the second
installation I did - I did not make it yet, but I'm intending to do so).

I want to write a C program (I know it's a developer issue...), using , for example,
the function gethostname. Where do it applies?

Anyway, the question is: I can have two IP's in the same machine for different
interfaces. When (and how) do I use one and when (and how) do I use another?

Gaucho