SGML problems

I just recently started having problems with sgml-tools... I was forced to
kill a bunch of hung processes after some bad sgml caused them to choke, and
now sgml2latex refuses to work.  I keep getting these errors:

Processing file mech430_report.sgml
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1)
LaTeX2e <1998/12/01> patch level 1
Babel <v3.6x> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, n
ohyphenation, loaded.

(mech430_report.tex (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/report.cls
Document Class: report 1999/01/07 v1.4a Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))

! LaTeX Error: File `linuxdoc-sgml.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.3 \usepackage
               {qwertz}^^M
No pages of output.
Transcript written on mech430_report.log.
dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.

The strange thing (to me at least) is that sgmlcheck returns no errors, and
sgml2html and sgml2lyx works fine.  I am hardly familiar with either sgml or
latex, so any help on what exactly is going on / what can be done to fix it,
would be greatly appreciated.

MBG

--
"Infinite: Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some.  Much bigger than
that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real "wow,